Be My Valentine - Page Art





It's almost Valentine's Day so I thought it would be a good time to show some page art for the holiday. This was made in Photoshop CC.

I made this page last year and I no longer have the links to the background or the pretty lady image. The background was a freebie somewhere and the pretty lady is from a vintage postcard I found online.

I cut out (digitally) the lady from the postcard image and got her ready to go. This step took the most time...the rest of the page was very easy to make.



I used a heart-shaped brush on a mask to punch out a transparent heart on the background.


Then I added a rosy-pink fill layer under the background layer to color the heart. 



I then added a grungy black border from Vicki Robinson on a layer above the background. 



Next, I placed the pretty lady on a layer, resized, and aligned her so it looked like she was writing on the heart.



And finally, I added the text on a layer under the pretty lady. Lots of fun to make and except for the time it took to extract the lady from the vintage postcard, it was a quick and easy page for Valentine's Day.

Thanks for looking! xxx

Comments

Popular Posts