Aug 24, 2011

Rocking Horse Hand Painted with Roses

Rocking Horse Hand Painted with Roses








This is a rocking horse that I built from scratch (no pattern) and hand painted with over 90 roses and lots and lots of hearts. In our family, she's considered a family heirloom. Her name is "Rosie".

She has been well used and enjoyed by five of my grandchildren as each reached the age for rocking horses. I now have a 9 month old granddaughter and she will soon be taking her turn on "Rosie". That's what we named her (the rocking horse).

I didn’t have a wood pattern for a rocking horse, so figured out the wood cutting pattern for myself and built her. 



Yes, I’m a Grandma, not a Grandpa, but have spent many years cutting wood and making things for the home. 


At one time, I had a fully stocked wood workshop, with every imaginable power saw, drill and woodworking tool. I’ve since sold all my “big” power tools and now only work with a bandsaw and scrollsaw.  


For about 10 years, I made my living teaching decorative painting classes and cutting wood for my students.  


This rocking horse is certainly one of my favorite things that I have made. I hope you enjoy seeing her.

Thanks for stopping by.....have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...