Spice up some simple silver hoops with this awesome video tutorial for how to make bead earrings. Tapered Seed Bead Dangle Hoops add a cascade of shimmering metallic seed beads for a dynamic variation on your typical hoop earrings. Choose a variety of seed beads in a monochromatic color scheme to achieve this stunning effect. You won't believe how easy it is to make these gorgeous seed bead earrings.
- two 4-inch pieces of 22-gauge wire
- 14 head pins
- glass seed beads in color(s) of your choice
- 16 small clear glass beads
- round nose pliers
- chain nose pliers
- wire cutters
- 1-inch dowel
- jewelry hammer
- metal file
- Use chain nose and round nose pliers to make a loop at one end of a 4-inch piece of wire. Shape wire into a hoop around 1-inch dowel. Repeat with second piece of wire. Pound hoops lightly with jewelry hammer to work harden. Use file to remove any burrs, and smooth cut ends flat.
- Slide 1 inch of seed beads onto a head pin. Use chain nose and round nose pliers to make a loop with remaining wire. Trim excess wire with wire cutters. Repeat to make one more 1-inch seed bead dangle. Then make four dangles each with 3/4 inches, 5/8 inches, and 1/2 inches of seed beads.
- Onto each wire hoop, slide the following: small clear bead > 1/2-inch dangle > small clear bead > 5/8-inch dangle > small clear bead> 3/4-inch dangle > small clear bead > 1-inch dangle > small clear bead > 3/4-inch dangle > small clear bead > 5/8-inch dangle > small clear bead> 1/2-inch dangle > small clear bead.
- Use chain nose pliers to slightly bend last 3/8-inch or so of hoop. This end goes through the ear and then hooks onto the loop made in step one.
Thanks for stopping by...have a great day!