Making Two Victorian Dolls-my newest project!

Making Two Victorian Dolls



Hello friends! my newest project!!




I came across the pattern for these adorable Victorian dolls in a book I have and decided to make them for my 4 year old granddaughter. She loves dolls and I'm sure these will be a hit. I started last night by tracing the pattern onto muslin. I decided to make them at the size in the book without enlarging, as she loves little dolls as apposed to larger dolls. When finished they will be about 8" tall.

So here's the beginning steps of one of the dolls:


here I have the muslin on top of the paper on my lightbox, ready to start tracing.


here you can see where I have begun to trace the arm with my Micron pen (0.25 mm)


and here she is all traced onto the muslin


and now ready to trace the back of the doll onto muslin


and now the back has been traced onto muslin


I have another doll to trace onto muslin before I start painting the dolls. Check back to see as I color the dolls and then make their clothes............

P.S. There are several things in this book that I might like to make, but I will be selling the book at my Destash Cottage blog when I am finished with the book.

COMMENTS ARE APPRECIATED!
I'm so glad you stopped by...
Have a great day...

Comments

Popular Posts